For [livejournal.com profile] cellymcfae

Jun. 30th, 2006 11:19 am
faithellen: (feathers)
[personal profile] faithellen
I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I don't practice music, but I guess I do. When I'm in a choral group, I tend to just sing when at rehearsals, which are generally sufficient for me to learn the music. If it's a smaller group, I sing on the fly -- when I'm sitting around, or when I'm driving. I remember preparing for an audition years ago and driving to a little ren faire in PA and singing The Bobs' "My Husband Was A Weatherman" about 12 million times (with a cassette, no less).

Or, in the case of IOC, we've been known to practice in conference rooms at Freddie Mac, in the PR camp, at Darcy's dining room table, in Jill's bedroom, in my kitchen while whipping up gazpacho, or here:



Our screen porch, which is also my favorite office location. I think it's 12' by 14' and currently sits 5 with room for more on the floor or on other chairs brought in.

Date: 2006-06-30 03:30 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cellymcfae.livejournal.com
Delightful! Yeah, my primary "voice studio" is my car. ;^D

Date: 2006-06-30 03:45 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mistressfetch.livejournal.com
Me too :-) I wear my hands free so people think I'm talking as they tend to give you looks when you are belting out your solo going around the innerloop ...:-)

Date: 2006-06-30 03:46 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mistressfetch.livejournal.com
btw..I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the pics of the kitties..the white kitty w/ the leopard print outfit is my favorite. Are these your kitties?

Date: 2006-06-30 05:24 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] foolscap001.livejournal.com
Yay, a Bobs fan!

Yeah... I have at times sung in cubicles late at night. In fact, I generated a Bobs fan back in 1991. I was sitting in my cubicle, debugging and listening to that very CD. I was about done for the night, and so was the CD, and I had my headphones on, singing along with Richard Bob on "My Shoes" at full blast... when I found out I wasn't alone in the building. He asked what the heck I was listening to. I lent him the CD, and the rest is history.

"My shoes are on top of the world/my shoes are...bum bum bum bum badow BOW..."

Date: 2006-06-30 09:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] foolscap001.livejournal.com
You went thrift shopping with Joe? I am envious... Yeah, I mourn his departure as well. He's a fine guy, and I hope he's doing well with the Diamonds.

The Bobs visited the Land of Pig two or three times at the Ingersoll Dinner Theater, and once at the Maintenance Shop (early post-Janie, to give you an idea of the era; Amy Bob had some big (figuratively speaking only!) fishnet stockings to fill, and came through very well indeed). Some friends with whom I sang at the time and I went for the front row block ticket buy at their last IDT performance, and I will never forget the smile and thumbs up Joe gave me as we were singing along to the chorus of "Slow Down Krishna."

Date: 2006-07-01 02:52 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cozit.livejournal.com
I'm envious of that office of yours. Looks comfy... and a nice view, too!

I like my deck... but *oh* for a screened in area with a bit of shade!

August 2009

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 28th, 2026 05:24 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios